#1. HAVE A THINK
- Make sure you can ride (and control your bike safely) for the ride distance
- Check that your bike’s in good working condition
- Bring along anything you need for comfort / safety, e.g. suncream, puncture kit, water, snack.
#2. BE SAFE
- We obey all traffic rules and stop at red lights
- Stay behind the ride leader and ahead of the back marker
- We ride at the pace of the slowest rider.
- If the group is split, riders at the front slow down to allow others to catch up
- On open road we will ride no more than two abreast and allow drivers to pass when safe
- In traffic don’t filter through narrow gaps. We may call for the group to bunch up, take the road and progress together as a mass, this may annoy drivers but is for the ride’s safety.
#3. BE SOUND
- Don’t aggravate your fellow road users, even if they deserve it!
- Stay in control of your bike, we’ll ask you to leave if you’re not.
- Should be obvious but that includes being drunk or otherwise wasted.
- Lastly, it’s a social ride and festival, say hello and welcome newcomers!